Basement Waterproofing Contractors
As basement waterproofing contractors and as a company that solves damp problems, ProTen provides a range of below ground basement waterproofing solutions that work to keep a basement dry and damp free.
Embarking on a below ground waterproofing project, whether for an existing property basement conversion, as part of a new build basement project or as an essential requirement to offer protection water ingress and damp, is a highly specialised operation with skilled workmanship key to its success.
We help both our residential and commercial clients with below ground waterproofing projects in the following ways:
- We design and install waterproofing systems for basement and cellar conversions, working with the architect or basement conversion company.
- We apply waterproofing systems to combat damp problems in a damp basement or cellar.
- To stop damp where there is no basement but external ground is higher than the internal floor.
- To install sump and pumps as well as inspection and sump and pump servicing.
- To combine the control of radon gas with a waterproofing system.
- To make properties more resilient to the effects of flooding using waterproofing products, methods and materials.
We are committed to providing our clients with the best in basement waterproofing services and take pride in offering high quality solutions, workmanship and customer care to ensure our clients are looked after and their properties are fully protected for the long term.
We work to BS8012: 2009 Regulations (the Code of practice for the waterproofing of underground structures) which govern below ground basement waterproofing with criteria specified that must be followed.
In summary we are:
- Experienced and qualified
- Surveyors certified in Structural Waterproofing (CSSW)
- Long standing industry experience as basement waterproofing contractors
- Project management approach
- Members of the Property Care Association Register of Waterproofing Design Specialists
- Approved waterproofing contractors with waterproofing product manufacturers including Delta Membrane Systems, Wkyamol and Triton
- Work to guidelines contained in industry regulations BS 8102:2009
- Hold Professional Indemnity Insurance for Design of Waterproofing for Underground Structures
- Meet regulations for the National House Build Council (NHBC) requirements on new build properties
- Company below ground waterproofing guarantee
- Third party insurance scheme
- Product guaranteed via our product suppliers
We understand how to select the right basement waterproofing system for your project
Waterproofing can be carried out using a variety of methods, including cavity drainage membrane, drainage channels, cementitious tanking and sump and pumps.
ProTen’s role is to specify the most suitable method and grade of basement waterproofing protection relevant to the project requirements, site conditions and the end use of the structure.
Basement survey and system design
The basement waterproofing survey is key to the right specification and as such is carried out by one of our team of experienced and qualified basement waterproofing surveyors. Using their experience and knowledge, they will assess for all key factors such as ground conditions, current drainage and the site and build complexity. Our surveyor will design the basement waterproofing system based on their survey observations as well as adhering to BS8102 regulations.
We combine this with giving consultation on the design plans for a basement conversion project offering our expertise on the waterproofing element of the project and so forming an essential part of the design team.
Installation of the basement waterproofing system
As experienced basement waterproofing contractors, we hold approved installer status with the major waterproofing product manufacturers. This is only awarded to those who have passed a rigid approval process so is a mark of quality and also allows us to put forward and install a design using products that are industry approved and quality guaranteed.
The installation of the below ground waterproofing system is overseen by our contract management team and carried out by our operatives. Together we work alongside other professionals involved in the project to ensure the best communication and the installation of the basement waterproofing system is carried out with precision and expertise.
Our work is guaranteed through our own ProTen Company Guarantee and we offer further peace of mind via our third party Guarantee Protection Insurance Scheme.